CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

All Done

I finished my last final last night and was able to get home before Lily went to sleep. She greeted me at the door excitedly and explained that she was upstairs with Amanda and they had candles going. She also said that they were "your favorite color, red" which is "like Jesus' blood." I was kind of surprised by this, but was glad that she was thinking along those lines.

It turns out that she had this idea of red from us telling her the story of the candy cane. Although that wasn't the original meaning of the candy cane, I do think that it is good to see the potential for discussion in it. Either way, she's having fun with Christmastime this year.

The weather here is crazy now. I just got back from running in shorts and short sleeves. It was 28 when I went out Monday morning, but 60 this morning. If I go running tomorrow morning then I will be able to wear shorts on my birthday, which is a small goal of mine every year.

3 comments:

Tiff said...

Congratulations on finishing up your classes, Jason! -The McKenzies

Kristin said...

I'm sure Amanda is glad that you're done for a few weeks, too!

Confessions of a Housewife said...

happy birthday from the fosters !!!