CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 28, 2007

Star Wars

Lily and I used to play a lot of Lego Star Wars II. For those who don't know, this is a video game that is a terrific blend of the LEGO Star Wars pieces and the stories from the movies. Amanda and I discussed it and came to the conclusion that this was not the best way we could spend our time together. Lily loves it and I enjoy playing it, but it really is not the best use of the time. We gave it up about a month ago.

However, we gave it up with the promise that we would watch the movies the weekend Amanda is gone for her retreat. This is the weekend. I took off work today and Lily and I have been hanging out since Amanda left at around 11:30. We did watch Star Wars. At first, Lily was terrified. However, she quickly got used to seeing Darth Vader and all the other stuff in the movie. She had set up the fear of Darth Vader in her mind, but as I explained a while back, she could handle it now that she is four.

We had a great time watching it. At the end she was cheering Luke on to outrun Darth Vader and his two wingmen. She was very happy when Luke "won the race" as she put it. Then we played some Lego Star Wars II.

She is now playing Blues Clues on Amanda's laptop. It's a good game that helps learn reading. I have to write my short papers for my Old Testament class, which is why I'm blogging.

0 comments: