CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 21, 2007

The Feast of Lily

As most of you know, I'm taking seminary classes. This semester I'm taking Old Testament I, which is a survey of Genesis - Job. We just discussed Exodus this past week, which means that I kind of have the Torah on my mind. If you've ever read it you will know that there are several chapters that explain how the feast of the Passover is to be conducted. It's a week-long process with some meticulous guidelines.

I think we're doing something like that with Lily's birthday. She officially turns 4 today, but the celebration goes way beyond today. Amanda brought in donuts for her preschool class yesterday because she doesn't have school today. We woke her up this morning with 4 candles in a leftover donut and sang Happy Birthday to her. Then we ate donuts as a family. Later today we're going to Chick Fil-A.

Tomorrow she is having a ballerina tea party. Amanda is stressed about some of the preparations and I don't know when I'll get the cake ready, but I know it will all come together in the end. Hopefully the weather will hold.

Sunday we are having family over for burgers and dogs. She will get even more attention lavished upon her and more presents. This is weekend is truly all about Lily. I'll get some pictures posted soon.

0 comments: