CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Celebrating Discipline

Lily had her 4 year checkup yesterday. The doctor wondered about Lily's eating habits. Amanda had to tell her that Lily really only gets excited about chicken nuggets and peanut butter sandwiches. This morning I made the mistake of asking Lily what she wanted when I had already decided to make her eggs. After some wrangling I got her to agree to eat eggs.

I made her eggs and Amanda even shared some of her bagel egg sandwich. Lily ate about 1/3 of her eggs and then quit. I tried bringing in the big guns by threatening to take away many of her new birthday gifts for a week, including her new favorite video. Lily ended up helping me gather the "high shoes" to take out to the garage.

I'm not sure what to do with her. I don't think that "the beatings will continue until morale improves" tactic will work here. She is a tough nut to crack. What's annoying is that we're going to have to buy her an intermediate car seat. Noah is going to outgrow the infant seat soon and Lily still needs to gain 8 pounds to get into a booster seat with no harness. Lily may not be able to sit in the front seat of a car when she goes to prom at this rate.

0 comments: