CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Who's That Girl?

This is the third consecutive morning we've had to wake up Lily for school. We get her up around 7:15, which makes for a little bit of a hurried morning. However, she still had time to watch Jelly Telly today.

It was interesting to listen to Jelly Telly today in light of the fact that Lily has a field trip to the museum of natural sciences today. On Jelly Telly they were talking about spiders and anteaters and how they seem to be designed not only for a specific purpose, but also with the innate understanding of how to do what they were designed to do. As we walked to the bus stop I explained to Lily that not everyone believes that God made them. I also told her that some people think that we came from monkeys. She was so flabbergasted she didn't know what to make of it.

She wondered why some people didn't believe in God and I told her what I thought was the biblical answer. I told her that it was because they didn't want to think that God was in charge and they didn't want to have to answer to Him. Therefore, they chose not to believe in Him. I also told her that some people will get very upset when you tell them that you believe in God.

I'm not trying to make her into a street corner evangelist, but I also know where the schools want to take her. I figure it's better to make a pre-emptive strike.

1 comments:

Confessions of a Housewife said...

GREAT JOB JASON !!

I am so wanting to have the kids in a christian school when they hit2nd or 3rd grade.

Im praying that things go the way we are working on but it's so expensive. DO you think they would lower tuition since the economy is tanking ? lol