CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Weathering Hannah

Tropical Storm Hannah came and went yesterday. All we got was some rain and a little wind. I dragged my research assistant Lily to the library yesterday while I tried to get a jump on a paper I need to do. We just went to my local seminary library, but we still spent a couple of hours there as I tracked down what sources I could. Lily watched a DVD. That was fine once she realized that I couldn't stop to look at the DVD every 30 seconds.

Hurricane season is giving Lily a chance to get more mileage out of her ladybug raincoat and boots. Thanks Aunt Claudia!

I got to spend the afternoon with her yesterday. We played some Atari and she actually beat me in a game of Combat. I wasn't trying to let her win either. We then went on to 2 out of 3, but I managed to come back. Lily still doesn't do so well when she is losing. Hopefully more chess will help with that. It's good to strongly dislike losing, but she also needs to learn how to deal with it.

Noah is on the verge of walking. He stands on his own for a few seconds at a time now.

0 comments: