CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Solo Flight

Amanda left for a women's retreat yesterday morning and I've been with the kids. So far it has gone well. I had a little run-in with Lily when she came home from school yesterday, but otherwise things have been good. We got pizza for dinner last night. Lily had her free personal pan pizza coming to her for reading in March and I used a coupon for a Papa Murphy's Chicago-style pizza. It's not truly Chicago-style, but it's in the ballpark. As I hate it last night I was reminded of how much I've missed it for the last 6 years. Incidentally, Lily tried a pice of the garlic chicken pizza they had as a sample and loved it. She also liked the Chicago-style, though she did pick out a piece of sausage. Nevertheless, she ate pepperoni.

I've tried to get a few things done to surprise Amanda. I planted some herbs and vegetables, which she will be glad about. I also fixed the chain on her bike. I was going to clean out the garage, but I realized that I don't know what to do with a lot of the stuff in there. That will have to wait.

The kids and I played the PlayStation for a few hours this morning and then we went outside for yardwork and play. The weather is absolutely gorgeous and Lily is outside with her peeps while Noah naps and I have a little quiet time. We'll have to leave for church in about 20 minutes, so it's almost time to break the spell.

Tomorrow I'll write about a new culinary delight for Noah. As a preview I will just say that it is something you typically make after Easter and I feel for those who will watch him in the nursery this afternoon.

0 comments: