CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Peak of Spring

We are enjoying maybe the nicest weekend of the year. In fact, it may not be this nice again until October. Fortunately, we took some advantage of it yesterday.

Amanda ran in a 5k with her sisters and was happily surprised by her time. It is a rough course that starts off with a 1 mile climb. The good news is that after the climb you get a mile downhill. She stuck to her plan and it worked for her.

Meanwhile, I stayed home with Noah while Lily hung out with Uncle Eric at the race. I got the lawn mowed and I painted the front door (I almost gave this post the title "Behind the Green Door"). I also hung a shutter back up that had blown off months ago. Now that it is screwed into the house I think it's there to stay.

Once Amanda got home I did a bit more yardwork. I got the pre-emergent down so hopefully the crabgrass won't be as bad this year. Today I'm going to apply some general weed control. The lawn is getting much better than it was, but we still have some weeds here and there. It's a work in progress...

We went to church in the afternoon and then went to Chick-fil-A to celebrate Lily's award. Poor thing was just exhausted by the afternoon. She protested when I put her to bed a little early claiming that she wasn't tired, but as we read her Bible stories she was practically falling asleep. She still came out of her room right after I put her down to tell me that it wasn't 7:30 yet. I told her that she still had to try to sleep. She managed to doze off somehow.

Today should be just as nice, so we'll have to find some things to do outside today too.

0 comments: