CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Now We're Cooking

Yesterday was the once-a-month cooking day for Amanda and Tiffany. That meant that I got to spend a lot of quality time with our kids. I took them over to the McKenzie's so that Noah could get a nap in. Unfortunately, Lily and Brenna never quite clicked yesterday. The climax came when Lily bit Brenna over some rules violation in a game of Memory. Things had to escalate to get to that point, but it was bad no matter what.

It seemed clear that staying was not going to work out, so I took them for an errand at Crossroads, brought Noah home to nap, and then took Lily back out. We stopped at the game store as well as the free zoo. After a quick stop at Borders we went to church. I had to do nursery registration for the second service, so Amanda took the kids to Chick-fil-A. I got home a little after 7:00.

It was a long day, but it's nice to have a ton of food in the freezer. We may not have to do any serious cooking until October, which is nice. It was a hard day for all of us, I think. However, you don't get something for nothing.

0 comments: