CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First Day

Lily's first day was pretty uneventful once she got to kindergarten. We tried to send her on the bus, but it turns out that the bus comes earlier than published. We thought we heard it just as we left our front door and it seems that we were right. We waited in the slow drizzle for about 10 minutes and then I took her in the Civic on my way to work.

I found the carpool lane for the school dropoff, though I was afraid of being told "you're doing it wrong"(a la Jack Butler). That didn't happen right away, but I was shooed away by a teacher when I tried to take some video of Lily going into the school. I won't bother posting one second of Lily walking away, though I will post some when we get her actually boarding the bus.

When I gave her the nap mat to carry I explained that she would have to carry it. She replied with a sigh, "Oh, okay."

Amanda said that it was difficult to get many details from Lily about the first day. Here is what we know:

  • She mistook the goldfish in her lunch for her snack, so she never got to the healthy snack.
  • She didn't really nap at naptime, but did lay there quietly while listening to quiet music
  • She made friends with an older girl on the bus
  • She found her stop on the way home just fine
  • Amanda was nearly late for the bus home because it too was a tad earlier than expected
I think we're past the first-day jitters now and next Tuesday will go just fine. I wonder where the Sorting Hat put her?

0 comments: