CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 8, 2008

Newfound Respect

I have often told coworkers that Amanda has a much more difficult job than I do. This becomes intensified when you throw a 3 year-old niece into the mix. We had a good day today though. There were some small communications barriers with Brenna, but we overcame them. Walking with her in the mall reminds me of trying to get her dad to the first pitch of a ballgame on time (though we never missed one in '93).

Lily was a bigger problem at the mall. She insisted that she had to go potty and couldn't wait until we got home. Then when she saw the automatic flusher on the toilets she refused to go, despite threats, spankings, and the eventual removal of her stuffed animals from bed tonight. To top it all off she didn't go when we got home until bedtime tonight.

Overall, it was a great day. It was good for Amanda to get away a little bit as a happy belated birthday present. I couldn't have asked for better weather in mid-August (it only got to the high 80s and wasn't super-humid).

On a side note, I feel great and was able to mow the lawn today. I think I'm going to hold off on running a bit longer though.

0 comments: