CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A Little Grumpy

Lily is having a hard time with the late stage of the pregnancy. She is starting to get very upset when Amanda won't carry her down the steps. Last night she had a fit after her nap because I gave her water to drink (which she asked for) instead of juice or milk. We ended up having an extended timeout in the basement. We got back upstairs and she sat with Amanda for a while. Amanda asked her if she was sad about the baby coming and she said that she was. Unfortunately, she kept whining and crying so much that we sent her to her room. Amanda and I ate for about 5 minutes while she kept whining. I eventually came to get her.

It was a little disheartening that her first reaction to seeing me was to plop down on the floor and yell, "NO SPANKING!". I sat down next to her and explained that I didn't come to spank her, but to talk to her. She started to settle down and eventually ate a good meal and enjoyed a small hot fudge sundae.

Everything just has to be so difficult with her sometimes.

0 comments: