CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Camping

Lily and I went camping last night at Umstead park. The good news is that the park is only about 15 minutes from our house. It was nice to have that exit plan just in case things didn't go well.

I don't know how things could have gone much better. We had hot dogs for dinner. We had s'mores with Nutella for dessert, though Lily didn't want marshmallow. We played a little checkers, but Lily decided she didn't like it. We played some dominoes. We also played a few rounds of War. Lily didn't have it in her to keep going until one of us had all the cards.

We went to bed around 9. I decided against bringing the air mattress, which was a mistake for me but not a problem for Lily. I found that I couldn't sleep on my side. Basically my night was a series of naps. I still feel pretty good today. The airplanes from RDU stopped around 10:00 or so and didn't start back up until about 5:30.

My main miscalculation was this morning's weather. It was pretty chilly, so I ended up having Lily in the car with the heat going while I packed us up. We got some donuts on the way home and saw Amanda at 8:30. Overall, it was a good time.

0 comments: