CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Visit


Amanda and the kids visited me at work yesterday. Amanda was not feeling well as she has been fighting a sinus thing for the past couple of days, but she went because it was the only chance the kids would have this week. They really like coming to my office. They certainly like it more than I do, but of course there are good reasons for that.

I met them in our building's rotunda which is visually appealing, but an acoustic nightmare. Imagine a round granite room with 30 foot ceilings. Fortunately, the kids kept it down. We went up to the cafeteria where the kids enjoyed their lunches. Then we stopped by my desk to see "where the magic happens," as I put it. They really like having an image of where I work. Of course, Noah just wanted to play with the stress balls on my desk. They didn't like having to leave, but it was still a good visit.

I know that I enjoy any distraction to the grind of the week. It will get even better as I am off Friday and Monday for the annual anniversary trip to the mountains.

0 comments: