CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 26, 2011

Come on Irene

Based on the YouTube comments, I'm not the only one who has been thinking of this song. I'm sure those of you who read this and don't live in NC are wondering about the impending storm. I realize that I tend to be one to downplay such things, but really this should not be a big deal to us in Raleigh. It may be a much larger deal to folks on the beach, but we're pretty far inland. Unless Irene decides to hang a left we should just get some wind and rain. And by wind I mean that it will be like a fairly bad thunderstorm that lasts all day. Rain will come and go with the bands of the storm, but we should be fine. I wouldn't plan anything outside tomorrow, but other than that it should be fine.

Of course, if you read the news sites you would think that this is impending Armageddon. It may very well cause bigger problems further north up the east coast, but here in the City of Oaks we should weather it fairly well. I will of course post updates as necessary.

0 comments: