CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I Get So Emotional

Take a look at the shots of Lily in Sunday's post. As Amanda looked at the extreme closeup shot of Lily she marveled that it could be the same girl who flips out so easily. Yesterday evening was a good example.

I got home late (around 6:00) because I had to do some research for a project with school. Amanda had dinner ready, which was quite remarkable because she was also trying to get Noah fed. She was nursing him when I came home, which means that she was able to simultaneously feed him his solid food and prepare dinner. Of course, through it all Lily had various maladies that caused screaming fits. She has a way of bumping something, stubbing something, smashing something, or pinching something anytime Amanda is alone with her and nursing Noah. Go figure.

Dinner went pretty well and Lily actually ate some of her noodles with meat sauce. She watched an episode of Harold, but was livid when she was not allowed to watch a second. The problem was that we were running up against bath and bed time. I gave Noah his bath, but through it I heard Lily screaming about watching another episode. Amanda eventually locked herself in the bedroom, which was fine with me. She had a hard evening and it was my turn to deal with the madness.

I told Lily that she had to put her sneakers away. She has an old dresser with the kind of drawers you pull from the bottom rather than with handles. Sometimes they stick together as they did last night. She was mad that she couldn't put her sneakers away, so her solution was to scream and throw them on the floor. She almost lost the privilege of reading "sections" (a chapter from her Bible), but we read them anyway because I hadn't specifically told her not to throw her shoes, only to stop crying. She later told me that she couldn't stop crying, so I suggested to her that it would be better if she just didn't start.

We eventually got everyone to bed, but it was tough. Amanda tells me that is a taste of what it is like when I'm in class. Learning Greek is a snap compared to this!

1 comments:

MomGoinBonkers said...

Well, same with Logan. Who would could imagine he could almost over power me in anger ? I still think you are blessed with a bright child considering other others ( Amanda knows what I mean ) and I never mind having her over cause she's polite and well mannered.

So little break downs like this in the long run might be worth it to have a better behaved child.

Great pics of the kids