CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Fertilizer

What is it called when the air gets too cold to contain the amount of water vapor in it and the water turns into tiny droplets and falls to the ground? I remember this phenomenon from times past, but I haven't seen much of it here. I think it's called rain.

I've been vigilant about keeping an eye on the forecast every day hoping for some of this stuff. We haven't had much this past summer, but we have had a little relief in the past few weeks. We had a band of it coming in when I woke up this morning, so I rushed outside to fertilize. I'm not sure how even my distribution was since I was doing it at around 5:20 AM today, but the lawn was only slightly damp when I got the fertilizer down and it has since received a pretty good soaking. Let's hope that gets the grass through until the spring.

And here I always thought that maintaining a lawn was kind of boring. It turns out that it is full of adventure and quick decision-making. I wonder if there will ever be an agronomy video game?

0 comments: