CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Always Scheming

We had a pretty slow Sunday here. Lily woke up 3 or 4 times last night and I was only able to go to her once. Amanda fielded the 10:30 and middle-of-the-night wakeups and I took care of the one at 11:30. It turns out that she was getting sick. In fact, she and Amanda stayed home this morning while I took Noah to church. He and I had to be bedecked in our scarlet & gray, after all.

Lily and Amanda spent a lot of time together, but I did play with her some this evening. I put her to bed this evening at around 7:30 so she could get a little extra sleep. We also gave her a tiny bit of NyQuil in hopes that she will stop coughing and sleep like a rock.

When I first put her down I suggested that if she keeps coughing she could use two pillows. I wasn't downstairs for 2 minutes before she was shouting and crying for me. She opened her door and announced that she needed another pillow, so we told her to get one out of Noah's room. She went back to bed, but I heard even more screaming and crying.

It turns out that she is afraid that there might be a bug. She asked what she could do if she saw one and I told her she could find me. Then she asked about a thunderstorm. Or maybe even a thunderstorm and a bug. Basically, she was looking for reasons that would get her a chance to sleep with us. It's hard not to laugh as I respond to her questions.

I'm pretty confident that this mild autumn night will produce no thunderstorms. It probably won't produce any "funderstorms" either.

0 comments: