CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Home Safe

We just got back from our whirlwind trip in NE Ohio. Here was the itinerary:

Thursday
Took approximately 10 hours to get to mom's, including a lunch stop. Mom and I went to the festival that a local church has each year to get dinner, which was tasty. Ernie and I went out to get some custard. We watched the Indians pound the Rays, which was fun. I was originally going to go to the game with Ernie, but decided it would be better to stay in.

Friday
We went downtown and took a cruise on the Goodtime III. We had to get lunch on the boat, but it was fun to discover that the young ladies working in the galley both graduated from the same high school I did. They did it 13 years later than I did...

I met some friends for dinner Friday evening and then attended the first night of the Setting Captives Free conference.

Saturday
We got off to a fairly early start and I took the family down to Akron to see some of the other side of the family. The family had a fun day with my Dad and stepmom as well as Uncle Mark and Aunt Jen. I got home around 4:30 and was pretty tired, but we had a fun evening.

Sunday
We had a fairly relaxing morning in anticipation of a big party. We had some of Uncle Mark's terrific BBQ, Bubbe's potato salad, and some other great food. Lily got to play with her twin cousins. She also got to boss around a 2 1/2 year-old boy, which is one of her favorite things to do.

Monday
We got home in good time. We left the house at around 7:45 and arrived just before 5:00 PM. That included a fairly long lunch stop too. It's so nice to leave from Mark and Jen's house because it cuts about 45 minutes off the trip. We're tired, but slowly readjusting to life back in Cary.

It's great to be home, but I do miss the dry air of Ohio. Then again, there is a reason why we don't go up for visits in February...

0 comments: